Workplace injuries occur on a daily basis and most are unexpected. What follows are the most commonly reported worker’s compensation injuries according to insurance companies:
- Violent Acts – Workplace violence can sometimes be the result of work-related turmoil but can also be the result of criminal acts or personal disputes. Not all of these injuries are compensable.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries – Repetitive motions including typing, sewing and using some types of machinery and can strain muscles and tendons can cause neck and back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and other conditions.
- Machine Entanglement – These injuries usually occur in a factory where heavy equipment and machinery are used. Clothing, shoes, fingers and hair can be pulled into industrial equipment when proper precautions are not taken.
- Vehicle Accidents – Employees who drive for business purposes are often injured in auto accident. Vehicle accidents often afford an injured employee the chance to pursue a workers’ compensation claim as well as a personal injury case against the at-fault driver.
- Walking or Riding Into Injuries – This happens when a person accidentally runs into objects either on foot or while driving equipment such as forklifts into walls, doors, cabinets, glass windows, tables or chairs.
- Falling Object Injuries – Objects that fall from shelves or are dropped by co-workers can cause very serious injuries. Head injuries are a common result of this type of accident.
- Reaction Injuries – These are injuries caused by slipping and tripping without falling. These incidents can cause muscle injuries, particularly to the neck, back and knees.
- Falling from Heights – This type of fall normally occurs when a worker falls from elevated areas such as roofs, ladders, and stairways.
- Slipping/Tripping – This type of fall occurs on wet and slippery floors or happens when someone trips over objects left lying on the floor. Not all of these injuries are compensable
- Overexertion Injuries – This includes injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, holding, carrying, and throwing activities at work.
Shari Miltiades has handled injuries resulting from all 10 of the categories listed above. If you, a friend, or a loved one has suffered a serious workplace injury, call Shari Miltiades at (912) 354-8122 today for an expert, completely confidential consultation.